The Protege Integrated System Controllers are the central processing units responsible for the control of security, access control and automation in the Protege integrated system, an advanced technology security product providing seamless and powerful integration of access, security and building automation.
Ethernet 10/100 Connection
The Protege Integrated System Controller provides on board Ethernet communication to allow direct connection from a local PC or interconnect to an existing LAN/WAN:
- Directly connect the Protege System Management Suite across a LAN or WAN interface for instant connection and upload download.
- IP reporting functionality using the Protege IP Reporting Protocol, Contact ID over IP, SIA over IP and full text reporting methods. The Protege IP Reporting Protocol requires the Protege IP Reporting Bridge application operating on the remote machine or device with a suitable communications driver for the automation software being used.
- Full 10/100 compliant network interface allows the connection of the Protege Integrated System Controller to all networks at the maximum capable signaling rate Indication of link status, communication signaling rate and data transmission/reception shown on LED status indicators.
Local Monitored Power Supply
The Protege Integrated System Controller operates from a 16VAC input, utilizing a low cost transformer and providing a fully monitored 12VDC power solution using:
- Deep discharge prevention of the battery with automatic electronic cut-off.
- Manual or processor controlled battery charge selection of 350mA or 700mA.
- Intelligent charging algorithm monitors battery and AC supply allowing optimum performance to be achieved using standard lead acid batteries.
- Monitored signals for Battery Low/Disconnect and AC Failure using local trouble zones.
The Protege Integrated System Controller features advanced integration of arming and disarming solutions for control of up to 250 alarm areas:
- Deny access to a user based on the status of the area and the ability for the user to control the area they are entering in turn reducing false alarms.
- Implement bank vault areas to control and manage the time delayed access and unlocking of vault areas in banking facilities without the need for extra hardware control devices.
- Prevent access to a keypad using a card and PIN function or allow card presentation to automatically login the user at the associated keypad.
- Disarm an area associated with an elevator floor on access when using the destination reporting option or prevent the user from gaining access to the floor based on the area status associated with the floor.
- Arm large numbers of areas using area groups
Integrated Access Control
The Protege Integrated System Controller provides a highly sophisticated access control solution with large user capacity and extensive features:
- Utilize primary and secondary access levels to manage users over simple scheduled periods and time zones.
- Assign Door groups, Menu groups, Area groups, Floor groups and Elevator groups to an access level for flexible user management. Each group can optionally access a secondary group to provide multiple levels of user access.
- System wide global anti-pass back, the Protege Integrated System Controller can maintain and control users area status throughout the entire system with hard and soft anti-pass back configuration options.
- Multiple card presentation options allows the use of access control cards, tags or other credentials to arm and disarm areas associated with doors.
- Count users entering an area and arm the area when the count reaches a terminal number or deny access to users based on a maximum user count.
Automation points can be controlled from the Protege Alphanumeric LCD Keypad for the management of any controllable device such as lighting, air conditioning and signage. Access directly from the keypad the automation points allow a user interface to specific programmable Outputs that a user can control.
Link automation points to programmable functions to provide sophisticated control logic at the selection of an automation point. Text names can be set for automation points allowing a scrollable list of controllable items in the system such as Office A/C or Outside Lights.
Programmable functions allow for the use of special applications that are configured in the Protege Integrated System Controllers for Logic, Area, Door and many other controllable devices:
- Process logic functions to allow complex equations to be evaluated using the special internal memory registers and PGM Output status.
- Output of programmable functions can be directed to an action, memory region for storage and later use or a Programmable Output.
- Inclusion of special applications to reduce installation time for the control and automation of garden lighting, external lighting and electronic movement sensors with auto manual operation.
- Control of Doors, Areas, Elevators and PGMs can be easily programmed and managed.
- Starting and stopping of functions allows them to be managed remotely as required including special run once options to allow manual control of a function that is controlled by an operator.
Connectivity and System Expansion
Expansion of the Protege System with the onboard local zone (input) and PGM (Output) from the Protege Integrated System Controllers allows convenient cost effective expansion without the increased cost of modules for simple system functions:
- 16x onboard zone inputs each can be programmed to require EOL (End Of Line), Dual EOL or direct contact.
- 2x Bell/Siren Outputs with fully monitored operation
- Use the Protege Alphanumeric LCD Keypad to expand the number of LCD keypads within an installation.
- Zone expansion is provided on nearly all modules as part of the Protege Systems integrated structure and provides a dual function for many of the zone input configurations. Use the Protege 16 Zone Input Expander to expand the number of zone inputs on the Protege System.
- Programmable Output expansion is provided directly on the module network by the Protege 16 PGM Output Expander and incorporates 16x high current FORM C relays and fire control functions.
- Expand the access control reader connections in the Protege System with the Protege Mini 2 Reader Expander, Protege Intelligent 2 Reader Expander, Protege Standard 2 Reader Expander or the Protege Ethernet 2 Reader Expander. All providing two additional readers (or four Wiegand) and various options with local autonomous operation, power supply and Ethernet options.
Link the Protege System with intelligent locking solutions through Integrated Control Technologies comprehensive world class solution partners Hi-O Technology, Aperio and TZ.
RS-485 communication interface for module communication, onboard 2400bps modem with dual line input and a 10/100 Ethernet communications port gives a complete solution:
- Network RS-485 port used for all network communication functions and interconnects to other modules with full galvanic isolation.
- On board 2400bps modem interface to allow all popular alarm reporting formats and the ability for remote connection from the Protege System Management Suite.
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet interface for communication with the Protege System Management Suite and other applications and functions.
Multifunction Reporting Services
Utilizing the latest functionality in communication services the Protege Integrated System Controller incorporates a host of communication options:
- Monitor telephone line inputs using the monitor phone service and answer incoming calls on local modem interface using answer machine override and high security remote call back options.
- Report alarms using Contact ID, SIA Level 2
- Communicate with terminal programs using the Telnet Terminal option and Output the data in ASCII, HEX with custom format options and acknowledgement settings to allow connection of third party applications directly to the Protege Integrated System Controller.
- Send IP based reporting protocols using the onboard Ethernet communication interface and Protege IP Reporting Armor IP formats.
Utilizing the latest flash technology and high performance communication interface the firmware of the Protege Integrated System Controllers can be updated using industry standard applications.
Electronic Bell/Siren Outputs
High current electronic monitored Bell/Siren control Outputs:
- Indication of Bell/Siren Outputs activation using LED. Bell/Siren failure monitoring or lock disconnected (tamper) displayed as indicator and reported using trouble zone.
Automatic shutdown on bell over current when activated or shorted. Automatic restore on next deactivation/activation cycle. Shutdown reported using trouble zone.